A storm is a powerful disturbance of the atmosphere including thunderstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes. Storms are a common event here in South Florida. Storm damage caused by a powerful hurricane can cause severe property damage and flooding. In an instant, Mother Nature can unleash powerful weather patterns, leaving behind substantial storm damage to your home or business. Wind, water, hail and downed trees are just some of the things that can expose your property and contents, whatever their size, to the elements. It is at this time that immediate storm damage restoration is key to your property’s safety and recovery.
Learn how planning ahead can help you protect your family, your home and your belongings in a dangerous storm.
When the weather report tells you to take cover or evacuate because a storm is on its way, the last thing you want to do is worry about whether you are prepared. A little effort before the disaster strikes can be of big help and gives you peace of mind in the future.
These are the 6 tips that can help you plan so you can never have to face the storm unprepared.
1. Check your insurance coverage to make sure it reflects the current state of your home.
2. Doing a home inventory can save you time and make filing a claim easier, make sure you do not forget anything.
3. Protect your property by installing the following items in your home:
- Hurricane shutters
- Head and foot bolts on doors for extra protection
- Hurricane straps or clips to help hold the roof
- A safe room that can withstand any wind and flying debris
4. Stock your emergency supply kit with basic survival items. These include:
- Manual can opener
- Essential medicines; eyeglasses and contact lenses are included
- Personal hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper)
- Extra clothing
- Paper towels, sanitizers, and eating utensils
- First aid kit
- Battery-powered flashlight and radio with extra batteries
- Blankets, pillows and sleeping bags
- Mosquito repellent and citronella candles
- 2 coolers-one for food and one for ice
- Plastic tarp for roof/window repairs and tools
- Special items for infants, elderly or disabled family members
5. Have an established evacuation plan to help lessen your stress. Make arrangements with friends or family members if you don’t have any transportation of your own and also don’t forget your pets. You can also gather some important documents to take with you.
6. Don’t take silly risks like running back into a home that’s been destroyed or refuse to evacuate when you’ve been ordered too. Remember that you can replace things, but not people.
ServiceMaster Remediation Services, understands this and is qualified to handle the situation for you. Our commitment is to restore your home or business while maintaining this understanding with empathy for anyone involved. Working closely with the homeowners or business owners alleviates stress by allowing them to understand every step and the safety measures we are taking and why we need to take them.
We believe that communication is always key when restoring one’s property. We ensure our customers they will be listened to, understood and properly communicated with throughout the restoring process.
Contact us at 954-969-5906 for faster response or visit https://www.servicemasterremediationservices.com/ for more details. Serving businesses and homeowners located in South Florida and Central Florida.