Do you know how much an average American spends on water damage restoration or repair? If you live in the USA, you can spend $1,000 to $10,000+ just to get that water damaged area fixed.
Considering how difficult it is today to come by each dollar that we earn, it is better to take precautions instead. Large repairs like this can be avoided by preventive maintenance procedures of companies offering commercial water damage restoration.
YOU CAN AVOID COSTLY REPAIRS BY DOING THE FOLLOWING:
- Determining your main water supply. It is important to know where your main water supply is so that when there is a pipe leak or a washing machine overflow, you can immediately cut off the water source to avoid further water spillage. Then call ServiceMaster 24/7 for repairs.
- Regularly checking your water meter. If you can find water leaks earlier, you can save yourself from spending more when it comes to water consumption. Keep a close watch on your water meter. A sudden rise on your water bill could mean that there is a pipe leak somewhere behind walls or underneath your floorboards.
- Cleaning gutters often. Gutters are installed in each home to redirect water away from your house foundation. Debris and too much dirt can cause gutters to be clogged and not function well. Since it is not properly draining away rainwater, water can get into your home’s foundation or leak through the roof.
- Remove water immediately. It’s important to act fast when repairing home water damage. Mold and mildew can begin growing in as little as 24 hours if the water is left standing. To dry out the affected area, take as much out of the space, including furniture, and place fans on the wet flooring and walls. If the water damage is extensive, you may need to rent a few industrial strength fans to ensure the area dries completely.
- Seal and Caulk. To eliminate future repair projects caused by moderate to severe water damage, we recommend sealing and caulking new windows, plumbing fixtures, flooring, and doorways.
- Contact water remediation company immediately.
Pompano Beach, FL's Most Trusted Water Damage Restoration Company
Despite efforts to prevent water damage, the reality is, it can strike anytime, anywhere especially this hurricane season. Call ServiceMaster at 954-969-5906IMMEDIATELY after a water damage incident. No matter how simple the water damage is, it is always advisable to contact professionals for quick and efficient clean-up of the affected area to avoid further damage, which would mean a more costly repair process. Getting the help of experts to assess your home or business area. A commercial water damage restoration company can check the cause and extent of destruction by pinpointing and categorizing the damage in your house or business. We also service Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Deerfield Beach and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.