Hosting Thanksgiving dinner entails a lot of responsibility, like cooking and carving the turkey; making homes feel warm, hospitable and clean; and of course, cleaning up after guests leave. If you’re hosting this year’s Thanksgiving dinner, you’ll be far too busy basting turkey to do a detailed holiday clean-up before the day of the meal. However, you don’t want your friends and family to think you have a messy home.
What you need to get your house ready for Thanksgiving is a professional residential cleaning company in Pompano Beach FL for your holiday air duct cleaning, deep carpet cleaning, and tile and grout cleaning timeline to help you prepare for guests. Before the professionals arrive, here are the top home cleaning tips for Thanksgiving by ServiceMaster Remediation Services.
How to Prepare Your Home for Thanksgiving
Direct your attention to areas your guests will actually see.
- You’re better off focusing your energy on the main living spaces—the foyer, kitchen, dining room, great room, powder room, and lower level—especially if you’re crunched for time. Call ServiceMaster Remediation Services for cleaning help!
Make room in the fridge for leftovers!
- Rid your fridge of all expired (and about to expire) produce, deli meats, and condiments, and make room for Thanksgiving’s delicious leftover turkey, stuffing and pie.
Sweep, dust, or vacuum your hardwood floors.
- Don’t wash or wet-mop the floor with soap, water, or any liquid cleaning materials, as this can cause swelling, warping, delamination, and joint-line separation.
- If you’re using a vacuum, use a hard floor attachment to avoid scratching or dulling the floor’s finish.
Clean granite countertops using a mild dish soap diluted with water.
- Granite can scratch easily, so clean the surfaces with a mild detergent and cotton cloth or soft sponge. Remember to thoroughly wring out the cloth or sponge—granite is highly absorbent!
- Always dry the counter after cleaning to protect the surface from water damage and eliminate streaks.
Make room for coats, boots, and purses.
- Don’t forget to clear space in your foyer or mudroom for your guests’ belongings.
- Expecting a large crowd? Save the foyer for boots and bags and use a main-level bedroom for stashing coats, hats, and mittens.
Start Thanksgiving dinner with an empty dishwasher.
- Once your pre-dinner dishes are clean and dry, don’t leave them in the dishwasher!
- Empty the dishwasher before dinner begins and encourage guests to put dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher instead of piling plates and glasses in the sink and on the counters. This will help reduce your post-dinner cleanup time.
Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Unless you have your very own industrial-grade cleaning equipment and chemicals, proper training, and proper gear to do the task safely, cleaning your carpet by yourself may end up a big waste of time and energy.
- The challenge with removing stains from carpets is that what you see is not necessarily what you get. Aside from the stains that you see on the surface, there could be stains hidden beneath the fibers that would end up surfacing after you try to clean them.
- There is also stubborn dirt and soil that have settled deep into the carpet backing that may eventually bind to the fibers if the carpet is not cleaned properly, causing more stains to reappear. It may happen as soon as your carpet dries or weeks later, but you will have to deal with it when it does.
Everyone wants a cleaner home before and after the holidays, but finding the time to take care of necessary tasks without sacrificing time for yourself or your family is becoming increasingly difficult in today’s fast-paced world. At ServiceMaster Remediation Services, we’re happy to offer solutions tailored to your specific needs.
You don’t have to spend your precious free time cleaning and scrubbing. Allow the professional cleaning experts at ServiceMaster Remediation Services to do it for you so you can make time for the things and people who really matter.
Contact Us for Professional Cleaning in Pompano Beach, Florida
Why Choose ServiceMaster Remediation Services?
- Independently owned business in Pompano Beach, Florida
- Certified General Contractor in the state of Florida (CGC1522819)
- Licensed Mold Remediators in Florida (MRSR97)