There are a few reasons why professional water damage construction and restoration is important. The first is simply about your safety. Waterlogged homes are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, mold, and pathogens. Twenty -four hours after a flood, toxic mold can begin to grow that puts your health and the health of your family members at risk. The odds of bad bacterial growth surge again after the 48-hour mark. Contact ServiceMaster Remediation Services for immediate water removal and reconstruction services.
When ServiceMaster Remediation Services, the water damage restoration company reaches you, the technicians will first and foremost find the source of the water and stop it where possible. This might involve repairing damage to your walls or your roofing, or it might mean fixing a pipe or blocking flood water. Either way, ServiceMaster Remediation Services will prevent the water from flooding your property any more so that they can get to work fixing the problem. In the case of gradual water damage, probes and infrared sensors can be used to find out where the problem is coming from and what needs to be done to fix it and sometimes it is not obvious.
There are also a few things that the experts at ServiceMaster Remediation Services will do, like:
- Clearing the area and moving out any items that are at risk of further damage
- Disposing of items that are beyond saving – these include anything porous that has absorbed lots of category three water and thus will be unhealthy
- Removing the standing water with submersible and truck-mounted pumps
- Drying the property with air scrubbers, dehumidifiers and more
- Cleaning the property with antibacterial and disinfectant products to ensure that all contamination from the water is addressed and your home is safe to move back into
- Making repairs and reconstructing damage where possible. This can involve repainting walls, retiling, fixing leaks, etc.
- Helping you to prevent future water damage
- Moving your items back in
Hiring ServiceMaster Remediation Services, water damage restoration professionals immediately after the water damage in your business or home can reduce the total cost of water cleanup, drying, and damage-related losses. This is because the mitigation process will take a short time, and the sooner the water is cleared and the affected area dried, the less the damage will occur. That’s why it is so important to hire professionals for this job.
One obvious reason why its important to hire a professional to address your water damage is the reduced burden of having to do it yourself.
It takes a lot of work, time and energy to restore a home following flooding, and a professional has the tool and skills necessary to quickly remove the water and to identify secondary damage to the structure of your home or your foundation. You can have the peace of mind knowing that everything affected by flooding has been dried and treated to prevent mold growth. And while cost is usually the reason most people will try to do it themselves, they may save money by hiring a professional. Consider the extent of the damage and evaluate the amount of time necessary for you to extract the water and dry the area. If it is more than 48 hours, you should work with a professional who can extract the water quickly and begin the drying process sooner.
ServiceMaster Remediation Services, a professional when it comes to water damage restoration and construction services in Pompano Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, and the surrounding areas. If your home or business has suffered water damage, call us today.